Monday, January 07, 2013

Epsom Salts To Relieve Anxiety and Tension

Epsom Salts To Relieve Anxiety and Tension.
Magnesium Sulphate or Epsom salts as it is more commonly known is something I have been using for a long time but have never thought to write about.

Epsom salts is used for joint and muscle pain and as a detoxifier.
As magnesium is absorbed through the skin, it also provides the body with the magnesium it needs, which helps with osteoporosis and muscle and nerve relaxation.

I personally use Epsom salts as a source of magnesium as I can't tolerate magnesium orally. I also use it when I am feeling tense or anxious.

The way I use it is to put a quarter to a half cup of Epsom salts in a footbath with warm water and soak my feet in it for about half an hour whilst watching TV or reading etc.
You can also put 2 cups in your bath for muscle and joint pain, especially after sports or a workout.

More info on magnesium here and here.

No comments: