Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rhodiola Rosea - energy pill?

As the menopause can also make you feel very tired, this is something I have tried and found very useful.
Rhodiola is used to combat fatigue and is one of those herbal remedies where you can tell whether it's going to work within days rather than weeks. You sort of feel a lift and know whether you will benefit from it in about 4-5 days.

One precaution is that if it helps you, don't be tempted to increase the dose as this can actually cause anxiety.
I found out the hard way.
In fact since I am quite sensitive to herbs etc, I only use 100mg of Rhodiola Rosea, on an empty stomach, in the morning.

2 comments:

tinker1121 said...

This stuff does work within days! I got much needed relief for functioning at work and it helped greatly with fatigue, increased my energy, helped greatly with irratibility and I am feeling more like myself and so happy I found it.
I am taking it as an ingrediant in a perimenopausal pill and not getting any relief for hot flashes and night sweats but again, I feel much more like my old self without all the irratibiiity and lack of patience.

nimsy said...

I'm glad you found the Rhodiola useful.