Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sea Cucumber For Menopausal Arthritis

Could Sea Cucumber help menopausal arthritis?
I have been suffering from osteoarthritis of the left knee and have started taking gelatin for joint pain. However it takes a bit of time before results can be felt and seen, about 6 to 9 weeks.

In the meanwhile, whilst waiting for the results to kick in, I decided to try Sea Cucumber capsules as well. I started by taking 1 capsule 4 times a day (to be reduced to 1 capsule twice a day after a month or so).

I felt an almost immediate reduction in pain and stiffness, which I was really surprised about. I'm wasn't sure whether it was a coincidence and the effects of the the gelatin were beginning to kick in or whether it was the sea cucumber.
I stopped the sea cucumber and the pain increased but was not as bad as before.

Apparently, sea cucumber contains chondroitin which helps joints, but it also relieves pain and inflammation, so maybe the pain relief part was what gave immediate results.
To read more about the medicinal uses of sea cucumber click here and here.

No comments: